Tuesday 10 February 2009

BELLA UNION LOVES YOU: COMPETITION WINNERS

Apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you on this - We realise you may have Valentines Day plans to make! Here are the winners, and some of our other favourites....

WINNERS:

Nicky Stones:
"I'm a minger / You're a minger too / So come on minger / I wanna ming with you"
- 'Hello Sunshine' by The Super Furry Animals

Carolyn Butler:
"Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only bee in your bonnet"
- 'Birdhouse In Your Soul' by There Might Be Giants

Joanne Maylott:
"I paint pictures / To remember / You're too beautiful / To put into words"
- 'Good Fortune' by PJ Harvey

Francis Stones:
"My baby's fat / She's ugly / She's fat and she's ugly / But I love her / I need her / I love her / Oh yes oh yes I do"
- 'Took My Lady To Dinner' by King Khan & The Shrines

Weirc001:
"I am thinking it's a sign / That the freckles in our eyes are mirror images / And when we kiss they're perfectly aligned"
- 'Such Great Heights' by The Postal Service


...AND THE BEST OF THE REST:

Roberto Gonzales:
"Love, exciting and new / Come aboard, we're expecting you / Love, life's sweetest reward / Let it flow, it floats back to you / Love Boat soon will be making another run / The Love Boat promises something for everyone"
- The Love Boat theme

Kerrylyn Keys:
"Orange skies / Carnivals and cotton candy and you / And I love you too you know I do"
- 'Orange Skies' by Love

Alex Parker:
"I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black"
- 'Heart Shaped Box' by Nirvana

Tom Perry:
"If you've got love in your heart / Why don't you keep it with mine? / I can't promise a miracle / But I'll always be trying..."
- 'Lay It Down Slow' by Spiritualised

Robyn Hitchcock:
"You're just a piece of meat / and I am a butcher / I love you better, love you forever / you're just an object to me"
-'Object' by Ween

Anonymous:
"I've got the leanest, meanest, penis"
- 'One More Chance' by Notorious BIG


Thanks to everyone who submitted entries. We spent a morning (for the most part) laughing our heads off choosing the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment